Djime Electronic Press Kit
In support of the new album Djime has also released a music video on youtube for their track called “Untitled @190 v2.1“. The video is an abstract mesh of contrast and pulsing intensity that accompany Djime’s already striking music, like falling into a mind’s eye that conjures a digital octopus dream.
- June 25, 2018 – Featured interview with ThaWilsonBlock magazine: http://www.thawilsonblockmagazine.com/2018/06/electronic-rock-group-djime-talk-music.html
- June 22, 2018 – Featured artist on David V35 radio: https://www.davidv35.com/radio/2018/6/20/djime-on-david-v35-radio
- February 26, 2018 – Featured interview with Skope Magazine: https://skopemag.com/2018/02/26/djime-emerge-with-a-new-album-octopus-dreams-more
- July 29, 2018 – Performed with experimental artists USER and Flesh Produce– event link here
- June 6, 2018 – Performed at final show for electronic artists Shades-Triangle with support from rock group Humble Urchin – event link here
- April 26, 2018 – Performed with support from London based experimental artists Tayne & Seattle local MC Cam Paign – event link here
- Oct 4, 2017 – Performed at artwork opening called “Cloud Thoughts” for local visual artist ShesMaybe at Cafe Avole – event link here
- July 3, 2017 – Opened for local rock band Hybrid Jesus at Stone Way Cafe – event link here
- November 12, 2016 – Performed at TNMC showcase at Columbia City Theater – event link here
In the fall of 2017, Djime recorded a series of live sessions for their first full length album release entitled “Octopus Dreams”. Djime draws their style from swelling guitar builds, high energy synthesizer leads, deep driving bass, thick layered distortions, mangled drum machine percussion, and live breakbeat jazz drumming. The album was recorded over a series of six live sessions at their studio space in Seattle’s U-District.
James and Ian met at a local Seattle open mic. Their mutual interest for weird and alternative music lead them to joint songwriting sessions, and ultimately working together as a duo in January 2016. Djime’s music celebrates being strange and thinking differently, about having an independent mind, and listening to what the universe has to say.Ian and James are both lifelong sound experimenters and noise makers, but each have their own respective educational background as well. Reaching deep into a pool of musical influences has helped them to bring out vibes from staples like 90s alternative rock & grunge to more recent post rock & punk, but also genres like EDM, IDM, electronic house and drum & bass, bebop & avant-garde jazz, breakbeats & hip hop, progressive rock and more. This unique blend of live percussion and experimental attitude toward electronic music is what gives Djime their energy and style.
Available for download: Djime EPK PDF